Wat are 6 quotes in the book ” Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil”?
Minerva: I never enter the office on Sunday. Ba-a-d juju.
John Kelso: I’ve only been here three days and it’s just a shooting, but give it time, okay. This place is fantastic. It’s like Gone With the Wind on Mescalin. I know you’re my agent. Listen to me, they walk imaginary pets here, Garland. On a fucking leash. Alright? And they’re all heavily armed and drunk. New York is boring!
Jim Williams: Yes, I am “nouveau riche,” but then, it’s the “riche” that counts, now isn’t it?
Jim Williams: Livin’ here pisses off all the right people.
Jim Williams: Which conversation shall we join?
John Kelso: The one least likely to involve gunfire.
The Lady Chablis: You know what, hun? I told her the same thing. I told her if Vanessa Williams can pull one off on the Miss America committee, then her little whoring around in Atlanta, Georgia, was not going to mean anything to a little steering committee in Savannah.
What is the quote about “tending my garden”?
Hello, I’m a Catholic and I was listening to a priest speak, and he told us a story about St. Francis. Someone asked St. Francis, while he was tending his garden, what he would do if he knew he would die in an hour, and St. Francis responded “I would continue to tend to my garden.”
Today, in my World Civilization class, my teacher said the same thing instead saying it was St. Augustine. Could you please supply me with a link of the actual story and tell me the quote.
Ten points to best answer!
St Francis lived so long ago that we don’t have exact sources on a lot of the things he is supposed to have said and done, but I have found three different web sites that attribute this story to St. Francis of Assisi. You can read them at the links below.
Quotes for the ages. Know the answers?
1) “If it hugged the road any closer, it would be white line…” Who said this quote, and what was it in reference to?
2) After the incredible finish where Mansell was leading at the last lap, but mysteriously stalled, leaving the win to Nelson Piquet, what was the famous quote that Piquet said after the race in relation to his feelings when he saw Mansell stranded? What was the GP and what year?
3) “Aerodynamics are for those who cannot manufacture good engines”. Who said that?
4) “I got punched by Ayrton in the first race, crashed in my second, destroyed four cars in the third and got banned in my fourth”. Who was that driver?
5) Reporter: “Did tyres play an important role today?” “Oh, absolutely. You see, they keep the wheels from touching the ground”. Who was the driver who answered?
6) “We had a lot of problems this weekend, and I am looking forward to getting to the next race so we can have some more”. Who said this quote?
7) “In my time, the three drivers I saw racing with that extra something, the quality setting them apart from their rivals, were Villeneuve, Prost and Senna”. Many could have said the same, but whose quote is this specifically?
“Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately none of them are crystal”. Whose quote is this?
9) “Mansell’s wife is very unattractive. Mansell is very strange, it seems that like he likes to suffer. And I talk about double-suffering. Not only he married with that horrible woman, that he built a statue of her in their house’s garden.” Whose quote is this?
10) “Tell me, where it’s written that this team needs two number two drivers?”. Who is the driver that raised this question, to whom, and when?
After 5 answers, no one got 6), 7) and 10) right. Hints:
6) It was a Finnish driver.
7) Although Lauda may have said that as well (I am not aware, though), I specifically refer to a French driver.
10) We are talking late 1970′s.
It’s time for the answers:
1) Mario Andretti in reference to the Lotus type 79 and its aerodynamic qualities
2) Aside for the “I don’t feel sorry for Nigel”, Nelson Piquet Sr. said something that even translated in several languages will remain a classic. For decency-indecency reason I cannot quite repeat the exact words, but it has something to do with what men do when they reach the point of procreating!!!
3) Enzo Ferrari
4) Eddie Irvine
5) Alan Jones
6) Mika Salo
7) Patrick Tambay
9) Nelson Piquet, Sr.
10) Mario Andretti to Colin Chapman in 1978 referring to his position with Ronnie Peterson
Good job from most of you! I noticed that WinWin is a fast genius in finding pertinent websites, while the rosbifs and the Allans of the world rely more on old knowledge. In the future I will have to find some quotes that are not so easy to search through the internet. Regardless, it has been fun. Thanks to all.
1. Andretti abou the 79
2. His actual words about that moment were “When I saw him I couldn’t believe it”. He then went on to be asked if he felt sorry for Nigel and he said “I don’t feel sorry for nobody, this thing happened to me several times already.” You may be referring to an earlier part of the interview where he said words to the effect that if he had had an impotence problem it would have been solved, but that was when he heard over the radio that Mansell was stopping, not when he actually saw the Williams.
3. Got to be Ferrari.
4. Eddie Irvine
5. Keke Rosberg, being interviewed at the 1984 Dallas GP.
6. Sounds like Alan Jones circa 1986
7. Niki Lauda
8. Frank Williams ? (guess) It’s got to be a team owner, and it sounds too witty for Ron Dennis.
9. Nelson Piquet again
10. Nelson Piquet said “that the team needs two number one drivers” in his similar quote to either Patrick Head or a journalist in 1986, so I assume it was somebody like Senna, Warwick or Rosberg being facetious.
10 Andretti to Chapman about Peterson
Powered by Yahoo! Answers